I didn't make resolutions this year....they always seem to set me up for failure. Instead I set a few goals.
1) To work out every* day in January (last year was all about losing baby weight, but now it's about maintaining - something I am finding is actually harder!) *I know you are suppose to give your body a chance to rest and recover - that is what my yoga days are for.
2) To write a line or two in my planner about what happened that day.
3) We also implimented our new chore chart on the 1st of the year, but that was really more of a coincidence than a new year's resolution. A couple of wonderful side effects of our successful chore system are the fact that I have done some sort of laundry task every single day and with only 10-15 minutes of effort had the house in company ready shape every single day .
4) Design 10 pages in a personal blog book or photo book every day. I'm 250 pages into a book about Sam's first 2 1/2 years already. I am SO excited to see it in print!
5) Start and finish one organizing task every week. So far I have cleaned out/organized our medicine cabinet, laundry room, spice cupboard and created a lunch station.
If you would have told me even one of these things would be true a month into the new year I would have laughed. Following through on these sort of things is not the norm for me. I most certainly don't share this information to brag. I only share it to accknowledge that I actually accomplished all my goals and to encourage you that if I can do it, so can you!
I'm 31 days into the new year, but most importantly I'm 31 days into what have become new habits.
What goals have you set for 2013? What are you doing to make them happen?