https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-WQbKcerCTwQ/WZSmGrkAeII/AAAAAAAAfQQ/1gxy6fbjWYMc2dS-4DMET0WGHH_LbrgYQCLcBGAs/s1600/1raising-cubs-final-header.jpg

Thursday, February 2, 2012

Alphabitty Moments - The Letter H is for...

Hooks.

Preschoolers, Kindergarteners, and First Graders, (and maybe Second Graders too?) have hooks for their coats and backpacks at school. They are one of those little things that you don't realize are part of being little. Sam has already graduated from wanting me to walk him to his class every morning to being totally fine with me dropping him off at the door. It won't be long before he'll be one of the 'big kids' slamming their lockers closed in the mornings.
I took my big camera with me yesterday to get some decent shots of the hooks in the hallway/entryway and am so glad I did. Now that I look at them I see so much more that has been part of their early school years.

Sam has used that same backpack since he started preschool in the Fall of 2008. He's also been wearing that same hand-me-down Spyder jacket for three winters. I'm so used to seeing them that I don't think I'll ever forget them, but without these photos, chances are I would. The photo tag on each of their backpacks were made a couple of years ago as well - just a little something for them to have in case they missed us while they were at school.

It's going to be strange to not be at the preschool building for the next few years.I've had a preschooler for the past FOUR years. Next year Julia will have a number by her hook instead of her name and photo. I want to remember those photos that her teacher takes during her before school home visit and the excitement Julia felt about being old enough to go to school THREE days a week.

What Alphabitty Moment do you want to remember this week?

***photos filed under Elsa 30 weeks***









No comments:

Post a Comment

Canoe camping with kids

I've been sharing highlights from our recent trip to the BWCA on Instagram . The spot we go is perfect for families with young kids beca...