https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-WQbKcerCTwQ/WZSmGrkAeII/AAAAAAAAfQQ/1gxy6fbjWYMc2dS-4DMET0WGHH_LbrgYQCLcBGAs/s1600/1raising-cubs-final-header.jpg

Friday, December 2, 2011

25 Days of Christmas Ornaments - Day Two

Our Christmas tree isn't up yet and won't be for a while yet due to some traveling we're going to be doing and the fact I don't want to return to a dried up tree. So where am I getting these photos? Before I took the tree down last year I snapped photographs so I would be ready for for this year. Little did I know that seeing the ornaments in my archives would be the only decorations I'd see for the first two weeks in December!



This wooden ornament was given to me by my childhood friend, Rhonda. We have kept in touch over the years and I still consider her one of my very best friends. She and I attended youth group as teens and she was a huge part of what helped me stay grounded in my faith during our high school/college years.  This ornament, given to me when we were in college, is a fitting reminder of our friendship.


Do you put up any ornaments up from childhood friends?  Until I can gain access to my linky tools account again (read I forgot my password and it apparently takes a while for the new one to be sent to my inbox) you'll have to leave a link to your post in the comments. Hope to get that fixed ASAP!



Photobucket



No comments:

Post a Comment

Canoe camping with kids

I've been sharing highlights from our recent trip to the BWCA on Instagram . The spot we go is perfect for families with young kids beca...