https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-WQbKcerCTwQ/WZSmGrkAeII/AAAAAAAAfQQ/1gxy6fbjWYMc2dS-4DMET0WGHH_LbrgYQCLcBGAs/s1600/1raising-cubs-final-header.jpg

Thursday, March 25, 2010

Alphabitty Moments - The letter U

Welcome to 21st edition of Alphabitty Moments! The letter U gave me trouble this week so I threw it out there on twitter and low and behold I got lots of great suggestions. (Thanks everyone!) As soon as I saw "UP" I knew that I wanted to capture the time in Julia's life when she asked to be picked up. She'll be too big to carry someday and I want to remember these days of being little. I filed a few ideas away for other U words. I now have two extra U words that fit for Julia and one for Sam. Wahoo!

This is by no means the layout I would have chosen for this picture though and only serves as a reminder to myself that it's worth the extra cost to include more pages in a book so that each letter can have it's own layout. The font is fine for the T-Rex side, but it doesn't fit the UP side at all. Live and learn I guess. We're getting to the end of the alphabet and that means a fresh start with the letter A in a little over a month. Are you planning to join in next time around? If you are going to be using a bookmaking company, which one? I'm ready for something new now that I know that without a doubt that the traditional look of scrapbooking is not my strong suit.

Don't forget to link up your U word for the week - scrapbook page or not!

1 comment:

  1. lol I could link up either of my last two posts:

    Under the Weather

    or

    Umbrella! :)

    I will try to link up again next week. :) Love Alphabitty Moments. And, I do like the picture you chose. I will miss those times when my girls put their arms up and say, "Up?"

    ReplyDelete

Canoe camping with kids

I've been sharing highlights from our recent trip to the BWCA on Instagram . The spot we go is perfect for families with young kids beca...