Skip to main content

What Makes Me Happy

Deborah passed an award on to me today (thank you!) and I thought it would make a great way to wrap up the past year. The rules are simple:
1) LIST 10 THINGS THAT MAKE YOU HAPPY
2) PASS THIS AWARD ALONG TO 10 OTHERS






10 things that made me happy in the past year....

1) My husband
2) Unsolicited snuggles from my kids
3) a cool start to the summer
4) the best babysitters (aka Grandparents)
5) working towards fulfilling my goal of getting Alphabitty Moments published
6) my new friendship with Kristina
7) being able to provide for my family through photography and blog book design
8) having my photographs used in the new park brochures & next year's annual pass
9) watching Sam's preschool class sing during performances
10) participating with Julia at her school

I'm not going to list 10 bloggers, but instead invite you all to write a '10 things that makes you happy' post of your own - if you do, leave me a comment so I can come read your list OK? One of my goals in 2010 is to be better about leaving comments. I've left more comments in the past week than I did in the past 6 months so I'm on the right track. Anyway....have a safe and happy New Year's and thanks for taking the time to visit us here in BearCountry!

Comments

  1. I like your list! I did this too! Happy New Year to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great list! I've got mine ready to post tomorrow. I've already posted something tonight...two posts in one night might scare some people. I've been such a bad blogger lately!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wonderful post...I made my list...Thanks for encouraging us to write about what makes us happy. It helps to put life in a new perspective..and has me ready to take on the new year.

    Happy New Year's Eve.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a positive way to reflect on what we are grateful for rather than on what we need to work on in the coming year. I blogged about this as well and you should be able to see it after 10am on 12/31. Thanks for letting us play along!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It helps to put life in a new perspective..and has me ready to take on the new year.

    Work from home India

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy New Years Carrie! One thing that made me happin in 2009 was "meeting" you.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

"How can I help?"

So many have asked how they can help MckMama and her family during this difficult time and so I've set up a Care Calendar to help coordinate meals for the family. MckMama is coordinating childcare on her end, but you can contact me for the rest. Please leave me a comment in this message and I will contact you with more information on the Care Calendar as soon as I am able. Please be sure I can get in touch with you through your blog and/or an email address. Thank you for covering my dear friend and her family with prayers!

Elsa's Birth Story

The morning of July 1st started out like all the other mornings this summer. The kids let me sleep until 7:30 and then came in to wake me up. We ate breakfast and I started picking up around the house. We had spent the previous day at the town pool and because the heat index was going to be just as high again we made plans to go to our beach. The kids really wanted to practice their swimming skills but I didn't want to have to pay for the pool again. At 8:30 I lost my mucus plug and my brain started running a mile a minute. Could this mean we're getting close? Could I actually go early for a change?I turned to Google and learned that labor could be hours or days away. I feel I should warn you - if you decide to Google mucus plug be prepared to see photographic proof. Why people felt the need to post pictures to Google images is beyond me!  Moving on..... Just in case I ended up being one of the lucky ones who only had hours to wait until labor started I kept up with my clean

Shabby Apple Giveaway!

Spring is in the air and that means it's time to start thinking about changing over our closets from Winter to Spring. I don't know about you, but that also means it's time to look for a few new pieces to bring new life to what I wear year after year. Today I can make that job a little more fun for you because Shabby Apple is sponsoring a giveaway on my blog! Yeah!!!! I had so much fun looking through their collection of women's dresses and don't even get me started on their adorable line of little girl's dresses ! It's a whole new ballgame for me now that I'm going to have TWO girls to dress. In the end I decided to pick this beauty called Azure Coast to giveaway to one lucky reader because us mom's are always buying things for our kids before ourselves. I just might have to pick up one for myself in time to wear for BabyBear's baptism this summer. It's perfect for nursing moms! Want to win one for yourself? See below , but if you d