Skip to main content

Alphabitty Moments - The letter A


Welcome to round two of Alphabitty Moments! I created this carnival as a way to record the little things my kids do. The special ocassions get enough attention in photographs, blog posts, and storytelling. These keepsake book pages are meant to take a closer look at the ordinary and every day moments of childhood. Some day we will look back on all the little things and realize they were really the big things.

For more information on the roots of Alphabitty Moments click here. As far as participating, it's pretty simple: Each week (usually Thursdays) post a word that begins with the letter of the week and a corresponding photograph. (creating scrapbook pages is optional. I used Blurb.com for the last book, but would like to try mixbook.com in the future. Their software looks so easy to use and the backgrounds are stunning!

Need more inspiration? This link will take you through all my posts from our previous trip through the alphabet.

Silly me was uploading pictures for a post about all the coloring that was going on in our house lately when it hit me. A is for Artwork! As usual I hadn't thought ahead to what I was going to do for my pages this week. (If you are ever stumped simply scroll through your photo archives and you'll be surprised at what might inspire you!)

Up until a week ago there wasn't a coloring book to be had in BearCountry. We've always given the kids construction paper and crayons and let them go to town. (They are also big fans of watercolors.) I was amazed to see the time and effort Julia (who won't turn three for another month) put into her coloring. Talk about a work of art! She's colored a bunch more since this first one, but this is by far my favorite.

(click on images to view them larger)

Sam colors at least five times faster than his sister so it's a good thing we splurged on the $7 coloring book or we would have run out of pages after one day. He also drew his first people this past week. (see top photo) The bottom picture is of our dog Conor.
They are simple stick figures, but they represent creativity and imagination. What I remember most about those first couple of days when the kids colored from morning until night was how quiet it was in the house (no fighting!) and the joy on their faces when they watched me hang their pictures on our front door for everyone to see.


Now it's YOUR turn! Add a link to your own Alphabitty Moments post and you'll be entered to win an alphabet themed prize from yours truly. (I'm not going to pick a specific prize out until the winner has been selected. I want to be able to offer a prize that is letter specific to your family.) For fun this week you are eligible for a second entry in the drawing if you tweet about Alphabitty Moments. (Please add a hashtag like this #AlphabittyMoments so I can add your extra entry.) Good luck and thanks in advance for playing along!





Photobucket

Comments

  1. You have no idea how excited I am to join in this time around! SO EXCITED that I can begin at letter A. Will work on this today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I came across this partway last time and am hoping to keep up this time. Hope to get it done tonight! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember being so excited when my oldest drew her first people. They looked a lot like Sam's!

    I'm really going to try to keep up this time. I'm having so much fun with Mixbook, I think I'll be able to!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the artwork idea! Wonder if I'll ever get back to doing Alphabitty Moments. I miss it!

    Oh, I thought of you when I was in Target the other day. There's this CUTE little boy shirt that says something about "Bear Country" on it! Sam needs that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much for leading us through the alphabet each week! I'm thrilled to join in this time and can't wait to see what awesome work everyone comes up with! I like your "A is for Artwork" idea ... I might be able to use that next time around (My daughter is only 4 months this time ...). Too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ok, better late than never, I will do this TODAY! I promise.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so excited to join in! This is such an amazing idea to record those little moments. It was so much fun looking for an "A" moment and designing a layout.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ok..so I'm a little late in the game but I am SO going to take part in this. What a fun way to put together some fun stuff for my kids, and with the urging of someone else to MAKE ME DO IT!

    Question though. I already created my A is for in Mixbook. Can you advise how I post the pic of that page on my blog??

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

"How can I help?"

So many have asked how they can help MckMama and her family during this difficult time and so I've set up a Care Calendar to help coordinate meals for the family. MckMama is coordinating childcare on her end, but you can contact me for the rest. Please leave me a comment in this message and I will contact you with more information on the Care Calendar as soon as I am able. Please be sure I can get in touch with you through your blog and/or an email address. Thank you for covering my dear friend and her family with prayers!

Elsa's Birth Story

The morning of July 1st started out like all the other mornings this summer. The kids let me sleep until 7:30 and then came in to wake me up. We ate breakfast and I started picking up around the house. We had spent the previous day at the town pool and because the heat index was going to be just as high again we made plans to go to our beach. The kids really wanted to practice their swimming skills but I didn't want to have to pay for the pool again. At 8:30 I lost my mucus plug and my brain started running a mile a minute. Could this mean we're getting close? Could I actually go early for a change?I turned to Google and learned that labor could be hours or days away. I feel I should warn you - if you decide to Google mucus plug be prepared to see photographic proof. Why people felt the need to post pictures to Google images is beyond me!  Moving on..... Just in case I ended up being one of the lucky ones who only had hours to wait until labor started I kept up with my clean

Shabby Apple Giveaway!

Spring is in the air and that means it's time to start thinking about changing over our closets from Winter to Spring. I don't know about you, but that also means it's time to look for a few new pieces to bring new life to what I wear year after year. Today I can make that job a little more fun for you because Shabby Apple is sponsoring a giveaway on my blog! Yeah!!!! I had so much fun looking through their collection of women's dresses and don't even get me started on their adorable line of little girl's dresses ! It's a whole new ballgame for me now that I'm going to have TWO girls to dress. In the end I decided to pick this beauty called Azure Coast to giveaway to one lucky reader because us mom's are always buying things for our kids before ourselves. I just might have to pick up one for myself in time to wear for BabyBear's baptism this summer. It's perfect for nursing moms! Want to win one for yourself? See below , but if you d