Skip to main content

kisses, contests, & our crazy day

This morning started out as usual with my 20 minute workout, a shower while the kids watched a movie, and then yummy oatmeal* before dashing out the door for the Library's Storytime program. Sam got himself dressed this morning without complaint - so what if every last article of clothing was on backwards right? I ran with Julia's "bedhead & bow" look and got away with it. We broke our library rule about not checking out any more books until the first set is returned. Oops. In the check out line my phone started vibrating. I assumed it was PapaBear calling to say good morning, but instead MckMama was on the other end of the line asking if I was up for a Target playdate.

Count us in!

And so we were off...twenty minutes later our gaggle of kids were chattering their way through the shoe aisle as we hunted for flip-flops. A few more random items later and our shopping was done. Lunch in the cafe is always a treat. My kids ate so much I had to go back up for seconds.

Suckers in the car helped keep them awake long enough for the 15 minute drive home. I tossed the kids in bed and sat down to catch up on some emails. That's when I remembered that I was suppose to check on the contest I'd entered last week. The voting periods are short and they were already in full swing! I anxiously tried to log into my account to get at least one vote registered before the hour was up. I didn't make it. drat.

It isn't very often that a photo contest moves along this quickly so we'll know tomorrow if we made it to the next round. What's on the line?

Prizes:

· The Grand Prize winner will receive a $1,000 Gander Mountain gift card, a $500 Rapala combo gift pack and a $500 Visa gift card.
· 1st runner-up receives a $500 Gander Mountain gift card, a $250 Rapala combo gift pack and a $100 Visa gift card.
· Eight 2nd runners-up will receive a $100 Visa gift card.


Pretty sweet huh? I'm really hoping that this picture of Julia is sweet enough to real in the big one. If you have a moment and want to click over to the contest site all you have to do is register to vote and then when you've verified your account (through your email) you can vote by searching "Julia's Mom" for a picture of Julia kissing a sunfish. (You can vote once an hour until tomorrow morning.)

While I was scrambling to get my account set up the doorbell rang. I ran downstairs (in my polka-dot pajama pants) to quiet the dog and answer the door. A family that I spoke with in the campground last weekend has a daughter who's getting married next October and I mentioned that I am a photographer. Not one to pass up an opportunity, I sent them around to the porch and brought out my business materials so we could talk shop.

Today I considered a trip to Target a playdate and held a business meeting in my purple pajama pants.

Did I mention that I have a photoshoot later?

There's a garden in a neighboring town that contains some rare flowers and a friend called and asked if I could come take some quality photographs for them to send in to a professional for identification.

This is my life....and I love it!


* I've finally figured out the trick to making crockpot oatmeal! MckMama has been coaching me (thanks J!) and FINALLY I figured out what works best for my crockpot.

1 cup Scottish Oatmeal (steel cut, but chopped up)
3 cups water
1 cup vanilla almond milk
Cook on warm setting all night
In the morning turn on low for 30-60 min (this gives me time to exercise, shower, and get the kids dressed before coming downstairs for the day)

Leftovers go in the refrigerator and the next day I add a splash of almond milk and a splash of water and turn it on high during my workout.
Photobucket

Comments

  1. Carrie, your life is amazing :) I've been bugging my hubby for awhile now to let us PLEASE move to one of the Carolinas to get away from our ridiculous housing market and find a slower pace...but I may have changed my mind. I *may* have this evening uttered something to the effect of "But if we moved up theeerrreeee, THEN I could be friends with Jennifer and Carrie and did I mention that Carrie LIVES on a CAMPGROUND?" Also, Almond Milk is one of my favorite things (I developed an obsession when I worked at Whole Foods) and I make crock pot oatmeal a lot, but I've never combined the two! I'll definitely be trying it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was wondering how Target was going to be a playdate...I was imagining some awesome playscape set up to give moms a break while thier kids wore themselves out mid shopping trip. The flip-flop isle wasn't even on that radar :o)

    *GO RED WINGS (guess what we are watching...)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wish I could have gone to Target with you 2. :)

    britt

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a day you had today! And I love that you had a meeting in your pj's - that's awesome. Oh - and I swear I can't find steel cut oats in this town ANYWHERE. Ugh. Perhaps next time I'm at Trader Joes down there I'll pick some up and give that recipe a whirl. Num.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think I love your life too! Sounds like a wonderful day to me.

    I'm going to try the almond milk and warm setting next time I do CP Oatmeal. Good ideas.

    I'm curious, what kind of work outs do you do in the morning and are you getting up before your kiddos wake or do they just wait oh so patiently for you? ;) My daughter is nursing less but I haven't been eating less and it's starting to show!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

"How can I help?"

So many have asked how they can help MckMama and her family during this difficult time and so I've set up a Care Calendar to help coordinate meals for the family. MckMama is coordinating childcare on her end, but you can contact me for the rest. Please leave me a comment in this message and I will contact you with more information on the Care Calendar as soon as I am able. Please be sure I can get in touch with you through your blog and/or an email address. Thank you for covering my dear friend and her family with prayers!

Elsa's Birth Story

The morning of July 1st started out like all the other mornings this summer. The kids let me sleep until 7:30 and then came in to wake me up. We ate breakfast and I started picking up around the house. We had spent the previous day at the town pool and because the heat index was going to be just as high again we made plans to go to our beach. The kids really wanted to practice their swimming skills but I didn't want to have to pay for the pool again. At 8:30 I lost my mucus plug and my brain started running a mile a minute. Could this mean we're getting close? Could I actually go early for a change?I turned to Google and learned that labor could be hours or days away. I feel I should warn you - if you decide to Google mucus plug be prepared to see photographic proof. Why people felt the need to post pictures to Google images is beyond me!  Moving on..... Just in case I ended up being one of the lucky ones who only had hours to wait until labor started I kept up with my clean

Shabby Apple Giveaway!

Spring is in the air and that means it's time to start thinking about changing over our closets from Winter to Spring. I don't know about you, but that also means it's time to look for a few new pieces to bring new life to what I wear year after year. Today I can make that job a little more fun for you because Shabby Apple is sponsoring a giveaway on my blog! Yeah!!!! I had so much fun looking through their collection of women's dresses and don't even get me started on their adorable line of little girl's dresses ! It's a whole new ballgame for me now that I'm going to have TWO girls to dress. In the end I decided to pick this beauty called Azure Coast to giveaway to one lucky reader because us mom's are always buying things for our kids before ourselves. I just might have to pick up one for myself in time to wear for BabyBear's baptism this summer. It's perfect for nursing moms! Want to win one for yourself? See below , but if you d