Skip to main content

About Me

Two little words. They don't reveal very much. It's the words that follow that bloggers use to try to sum up who they are or the theme of their blog. It's overwhelming (at least for me it is) to fill that space with just the right words. Some people change their profile often, others are so outdated that the baby they mention is actually in third grade.


The way mine is written (quite by accident I assure you), I can insert and delete hobbies/activities/interests pretty easily as our lives here in the park change. That said, it still isn't accurate all the time. (see below)
About Me:
MamaBear

Somewhere deep in bear country, United States

I'm a mom, a wife, a daughter, a sister, an aunt, and a friend. Most of all I'm a child of God striving to follow His will 4 my life Thanks to my new habit of daily devotionals this is becoming more and more of a reality. These days I can be found baking bread I made bread yesterday, but prior to that, it had been a few months since I made my wheat bread., blogging, 430 posts last year? Um yeah. This one is accurate! cloth diapering Julia has gotten so big that cloth isn't very comfortable for her anymore. It makes it very difficult to get her pants to fit too. Excuses Excuses. I'm going to try to do better, babywearing Until my Kozy Carrier and ToddlerHawk arrived right before Christmas, I would only wear Julia a couple times a month, selling and buying things on Craigslist I haven't sold anything in a while, but I did find my fireplace there two days before Christmas, reading I just finished Bringing Up Boys by Dr. James Dobson and have a library full of books I'm going to read just as soon as I can find the time, dancing with my kids We've put the Christmas music away for now, but Psalty the Singing Songbook is back in the CD player, sleeping in as much as my early risers will let me! With PapaBear home for the holidays I've slept until 9:30 some mornings, studying my cookbooks constantly - the boys in this house are very picky so it takes some digging to find new recipes, designing photo books I published 15 books in 2008 with 6 more in the works, or photographing my children I have saved 10, 230 pictures on this computer alone since April. What you WON'T find me doing is - vaccinating our kids still haven't revisited this topic, drinking soda It has been 8 months as of yesterday!, watching television the kids don't watch regular TV - they watch way too many movies though. PapaBear and I watch tv at night, or keeping my house spotless This is a tough one. Our house gets pretty messy, but I do prefer to keep it picked up and neat more so than any other home we've had. Our home is situated on hundreds of acres inside a park where my husband and I became caretakers of the park and campground in May of 2008. Our lives are busy but blessed - even with 200 people camping in "our backyard" on the weekends 6 months out of the year. In the winter we offer cross country skiing and snowshoeing. With all the outdoor recreation options around here you'd think I'd be getting plenty of exercise, but with a two year old and a four year old I get all the exercise I need. Besides, if I exercised when would I blog?

What about you?

Comments

  1. I hope you have a wonderful New Year!
    Hugs, Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, trying to post this again...something technology oriented keeps happening.
    I wanted to say your "about me" was such a good idea and that I would try it as my next post after I got like 4 major things I have to get done today done...but now in the time it has taken me to try posting this reply I could be done with at least one of them and farther on my way to blogging. Anyway, I also had mentioned that I put your blog on my blog list to see pictures (MckMama used to say look at your blog to see more pictures of various activities and I am reading her blog from the first post to the last like a book because it reads much like a novel at some points) but now I really enjoy your blog because I like your outlook on life and because I grew up being at/working at a rustic camp and camped every summer of my life. Your campground job sounds like something I"d love to do!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was funny, because I just updated my "about me" because of Ethan's birthday! But I agree, that's the hardest thing on my blog to write. I'll have to work on that...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

"How can I help?"

So many have asked how they can help MckMama and her family during this difficult time and so I've set up a Care Calendar to help coordinate meals for the family. MckMama is coordinating childcare on her end, but you can contact me for the rest. Please leave me a comment in this message and I will contact you with more information on the Care Calendar as soon as I am able. Please be sure I can get in touch with you through your blog and/or an email address. Thank you for covering my dear friend and her family with prayers!

Elsa's Birth Story

The morning of July 1st started out like all the other mornings this summer. The kids let me sleep until 7:30 and then came in to wake me up. We ate breakfast and I started picking up around the house. We had spent the previous day at the town pool and because the heat index was going to be just as high again we made plans to go to our beach. The kids really wanted to practice their swimming skills but I didn't want to have to pay for the pool again. At 8:30 I lost my mucus plug and my brain started running a mile a minute. Could this mean we're getting close? Could I actually go early for a change?I turned to Google and learned that labor could be hours or days away. I feel I should warn you - if you decide to Google mucus plug be prepared to see photographic proof. Why people felt the need to post pictures to Google images is beyond me!  Moving on..... Just in case I ended up being one of the lucky ones who only had hours to wait until labor started I kept up with my clean

Shabby Apple Giveaway!

Spring is in the air and that means it's time to start thinking about changing over our closets from Winter to Spring. I don't know about you, but that also means it's time to look for a few new pieces to bring new life to what I wear year after year. Today I can make that job a little more fun for you because Shabby Apple is sponsoring a giveaway on my blog! Yeah!!!! I had so much fun looking through their collection of women's dresses and don't even get me started on their adorable line of little girl's dresses ! It's a whole new ballgame for me now that I'm going to have TWO girls to dress. In the end I decided to pick this beauty called Azure Coast to giveaway to one lucky reader because us mom's are always buying things for our kids before ourselves. I just might have to pick up one for myself in time to wear for BabyBear's baptism this summer. It's perfect for nursing moms! Want to win one for yourself? See below , but if you d