Skip to main content

Things that go bump in the night

Houston has been in the house since we let him in with us this morning. That shatters his previous record by...oh.... 11 hours. I don't want him to go soft on us though. With a dog in the house and all, I don't want to play referee all hours of the day or night. He appeared to enjoy the basement when I checked on him throughout the day. Given the alternative (driving rain and swirling winds) I'd take the basement too.

Usually when we let him in he gets anxious to go back out after 30 minutes or so, but tonight when we brought him up from the basement he was all lovey-dovey with me and lounged in the chair instead of sitting on the radiator and looking out the window. At bedtime he followed us all upstairs and despite being rather playful (I forgot how sharp cat claws are!), he showed no indication of being upset with his new digs.

We have a ton of doors in the house so it's easy enough to keep the cat upstairs and the dog downstairs...for now. Ideally they'd switch places, but we're taking it one day at a time. So when I heard a loud thump coming from upstairs I ran up to see what the cat had jumped on, toppled over, or who knows what. But first I glanced at the video monitor and saw my Sammy sitting on the floor. Poor baby fell out of bed. At least twice when I've gone in for my final check of the night I've found him curled up on the floor, but those times I think he rolled out of bed since I never heard anything. The morning we left for the Boundary Waters I found him on the floor with his face touching his clock radio (with the radio on!) He takes after his mom. We can sleep through anything. Yesterday he slept through the weather alert test that blared at 1pm.

So more things don't go bump in the night I'll be putting the cat back downstairs before I go to bed and cross my fingers that he catches himself a midnight snack.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"How can I help?"

So many have asked how they can help MckMama and her family during this difficult time and so I've set up a Care Calendar to help coordinate meals for the family. MckMama is coordinating childcare on her end, but you can contact me for the rest. Please leave me a comment in this message and I will contact you with more information on the Care Calendar as soon as I am able. Please be sure I can get in touch with you through your blog and/or an email address. Thank you for covering my dear friend and her family with prayers!

Elsa's Birth Story

The morning of July 1st started out like all the other mornings this summer. The kids let me sleep until 7:30 and then came in to wake me up. We ate breakfast and I started picking up around the house. We had spent the previous day at the town pool and because the heat index was going to be just as high again we made plans to go to our beach. The kids really wanted to practice their swimming skills but I didn't want to have to pay for the pool again. At 8:30 I lost my mucus plug and my brain started running a mile a minute. Could this mean we're getting close? Could I actually go early for a change?I turned to Google and learned that labor could be hours or days away. I feel I should warn you - if you decide to Google mucus plug be prepared to see photographic proof. Why people felt the need to post pictures to Google images is beyond me!  Moving on..... Just in case I ended up being one of the lucky ones who only had hours to wait until labor started I kept up with my clean

Shabby Apple Giveaway!

Spring is in the air and that means it's time to start thinking about changing over our closets from Winter to Spring. I don't know about you, but that also means it's time to look for a few new pieces to bring new life to what I wear year after year. Today I can make that job a little more fun for you because Shabby Apple is sponsoring a giveaway on my blog! Yeah!!!! I had so much fun looking through their collection of women's dresses and don't even get me started on their adorable line of little girl's dresses ! It's a whole new ballgame for me now that I'm going to have TWO girls to dress. In the end I decided to pick this beauty called Azure Coast to giveaway to one lucky reader because us mom's are always buying things for our kids before ourselves. I just might have to pick up one for myself in time to wear for BabyBear's baptism this summer. It's perfect for nursing moms! Want to win one for yourself? See below , but if you d