https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-WQbKcerCTwQ/WZSmGrkAeII/AAAAAAAAfQQ/1gxy6fbjWYMc2dS-4DMET0WGHH_LbrgYQCLcBGAs/s1600/1raising-cubs-final-header.jpg

Thursday, October 9, 2008

That's one way to do it

I stepped on the scale this morning and was shocked to see that I've reached my goal weight. I rarely step on the scale anymore (my borderline anorexic days of high school are but a distant memory). What isn't a distant memory is the morning sickness I endured during my second pregnancy. I had lost 15 pounds and spent 9 days in the hospital before I started gaining any weight. Those were dark days. I weighed 123 pounds. (I'm almost 5' 9") I ate whatever foods I could keep down and unfortunately that was mostly greasy, fattening foods. By the fifth month I had gained back those 15 pounds and then some. When it was all said and done I had gained 60 pounds. I didn't make the time to exercise during Julia's pregnancy like I did with Sam (I only gained 35 pounds with him). It's sad to say but I haven't gotten into a regular exercise habit since, so losing baby weight has been a challenge. I have a whole wardrobe of clothes that didn't fit for over a year. Slowly but surely the stress, the change in diet, and the reduced food budget has helped me get closer to my pre-baby weight.

Coming down with the stomach flu yesterday did the rest. Need I say more?

1 comment:

  1. I'm so sorry you're sick. You are right that's it one way of doing it, but not preferable!

    I just love those pictures in your "tomato, Tomaaato" blog.

    ReplyDelete

How to organize Nerf guns

If you are the mom of boys you know that they will inevitably turn something into a gun. I was dead set against toy guns in our home until I...