Skip to main content

A no good, very bad, horrible day

You get the idea.

It started out fine with the kids sleeping until 7:00 and them letting me snooze until 8ish.
We had breakfast and then got busy picking up the house before the Teddy Bear Picnic program at our local library. I fired up my computer to get some work done while the kids listened to a book on tape and was surprised to see that my desktop background picture was missing. That's when my heart sank. It felt like I'd been punched in the stomach. My computer had reset itself. Everything is gone. Everything. I refuse to dwell on it until I know for sure whether the tech guys can recover my data, but for the rest of the week I will be without my computer. One of the perks of living across the street from my place of employment is the opportunity to come over here to check my email, check in with Mck Mama, and blog if there's anything to blog about after the kids are asleep.

So here I sit in the cold, eerily quiet office recounting a day I'd much rather forget, but alas...life isn't always easy. It isn't always pretty, but it's our life and if I don't record the bad days and remember the lessons I learned - what good would that be?

After dropping my computer off at the tech shop I took the kids for their last dip in the community center pool. Our membership expires at the end of the month so we made sure we went out with a bang. Four hours we spent splashing, lounging, napping (only Julia), eating, bribing (to get Sam to put his face in the water), falling (a mean little girl chased Sam until he fell and skinned his knees), and dumping water on Mommy's head.

Back at home we hustled to get cleaned up before Julia and I had to leave for a baby shower. The kids took baths and while I showered they played in the playroom so Brian could run over to the office to tend to a camper. We've been letting them play unsupervised in the playroom for over a month now without anything bad happening. That streak ended today when I opened the door to find Julia covered in p**p. It was on her entire body (except her face and hair). The five minutes I had left to get ready for the shower was spent scrubbing Julia and our brand new carpet. She had taken off her diaper and p**ped on the floor.
I don't want to know how it got all over her body.
I just don't.
The diaper was on the floor, clean as a whistle.

Brian came home in time to clean the carpet some more and I ran to the basement to get a gift bag. I got the gift ready, looked for a bow for Julia's hair, and was in the process of brushing my teeth when I called up to Brian to see if he was going to bring Julia down like I had asked. (big house - we don't always hear each other)
"I did" he replied.
"THEN WHERE IS SHE????" I screamed as I ran through the house and out the front door.
The image of Julia standing 100 yards away from me on one of the park roads, barefoot and crying will remain with me for a looooong time.
I spit my toothpaste in the grass and scooped up my baby girl.
Could this day get any worse?
Thankfully no.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"How can I help?"

So many have asked how they can help MckMama and her family during this difficult time and so I've set up a Care Calendar to help coordinate meals for the family. MckMama is coordinating childcare on her end, but you can contact me for the rest. Please leave me a comment in this message and I will contact you with more information on the Care Calendar as soon as I am able. Please be sure I can get in touch with you through your blog and/or an email address. Thank you for covering my dear friend and her family with prayers!

Elsa's Birth Story

The morning of July 1st started out like all the other mornings this summer. The kids let me sleep until 7:30 and then came in to wake me up. We ate breakfast and I started picking up around the house. We had spent the previous day at the town pool and because the heat index was going to be just as high again we made plans to go to our beach. The kids really wanted to practice their swimming skills but I didn't want to have to pay for the pool again. At 8:30 I lost my mucus plug and my brain started running a mile a minute. Could this mean we're getting close? Could I actually go early for a change?I turned to Google and learned that labor could be hours or days away. I feel I should warn you - if you decide to Google mucus plug be prepared to see photographic proof. Why people felt the need to post pictures to Google images is beyond me!  Moving on..... Just in case I ended up being one of the lucky ones who only had hours to wait until labor started I kept up with my clean

Shabby Apple Giveaway!

Spring is in the air and that means it's time to start thinking about changing over our closets from Winter to Spring. I don't know about you, but that also means it's time to look for a few new pieces to bring new life to what I wear year after year. Today I can make that job a little more fun for you because Shabby Apple is sponsoring a giveaway on my blog! Yeah!!!! I had so much fun looking through their collection of women's dresses and don't even get me started on their adorable line of little girl's dresses ! It's a whole new ballgame for me now that I'm going to have TWO girls to dress. In the end I decided to pick this beauty called Azure Coast to giveaway to one lucky reader because us mom's are always buying things for our kids before ourselves. I just might have to pick up one for myself in time to wear for BabyBear's baptism this summer. It's perfect for nursing moms! Want to win one for yourself? See below , but if you d