https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-WQbKcerCTwQ/WZSmGrkAeII/AAAAAAAAfQQ/1gxy6fbjWYMc2dS-4DMET0WGHH_LbrgYQCLcBGAs/s1600/1raising-cubs-final-header.jpg

Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Wordless Wednesday - I'm dreaming of a warm day

Normally I try to keep my WW posts just that - wordless, but I had to record what an undertaking it is to get the kids outside in the winter.

I swear I had this picture and post title picked out as my WW before I took the kids out to go sledding this morning. It's even more true after the morning we've had. Overall it's been a great year for us in the getting-the-kids-outside department, but today fell in a different category. Today was one of those days where we spent more time getting ready than we we spent sledding.

Here's what it takes to get us out the door:
12 pairs of mittens (doubled up on some of us)
13 socks (lost one somewhere, leaving us with an odd number)
2 snowsuits
2 snow pants
2 coats
4 hats
2 scarves

The sleds were in the house for some reason so while I got Brianna dressed Sam was pulling Julia around on a sled. Even with that "sledding" time, it was still a pathetic effort to go sledding today. At least we tried.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. Corn, gosh now that does remind me of summer. It's a great picture for distraction when you're trying to avoid more snow. :)

    Believe it or not there's actually grass in my picture. The weather has been pretty warm lately down here.

    Buck my doggie

    ReplyDelete

Canoe camping with kids

I've been sharing highlights from our recent trip to the BWCA on Instagram . The spot we go is perfect for families with young kids beca...