Skip to main content

3..2..1

Sam isn't smiling just because there was cake - he's also smiling because he loves his friend, Brianna, who turned 2 on Friday.


Surprisingly, I'm still smiling on Tuesdays and Wednesdays when I have a 3 year old, a 2 year old, and a 1 year old running around the house.
Thank goodness for Tot-time on Tuesdays where we can spend two hours running, climbing, chasing, building, sliding, and snacking. Today there was more snacking than anything else - until the food ran out. Each kid goes in spurts. For a while Sam will play nicely with Kieran, but Julia will want to nurse. Then Julia will be off in search of a ball or block to carry around and Sam will start bugging his friends instead of playing with them. Brianna is my easiest kid there. She finds a baby crawling around and keeps a close eye on him/her. Today it was MCK Mama she shadowed. When they left Brianna kept asking where Baby Maisie went.
It's super duper cold out there so we skipped the stroller and hustled to the car. A hearty lunch of scrambled eggs and my kids were happy to crawl into bed and rest. Brianna's dad just picked her up and now I'm off to rest myself.

I love my crazy life.

I also love being able to talk to MCK Mama in person as we monitor our crews. Getting reassurance that my new hair is a good thing, talking about raw milk, conferring on our photography....ya know - just having a girlfriend who understands you completely, loves you for who you are, and doesn't judge you when your child retaliates and pushes her son. It was a hectic morning getting back into the routine of having Brianna here again, but there's nothing like a good friend to let me vent and move on. It may be -4 outside, but my heart is all warm and fuzzy anyway.
Posted by Picasa

Comments

  1. Ah! I thought maybe this was an "old" post I'd missed yesterday, seeing the photo of Sam at B's party this weekend. But, as I read on, I see that you were writing about me! Wow, thanks for your nice words! I really, really appreciate your friendship, too, Carrie! It is SO nice to have someone I can just be myself around, whether my kids are I are busy being Those People or Those Other People.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww fun, wish we were all closer so Landen and I could hang out too! I actually have been thinking about making a trip to the cities with the boy and go to the zoo/aqaurium that you guys go to, so maybe we could all meet up!

    P.S. I LOOOOOOOOOVE juila's outfit

    ReplyDelete
  3. everyone needs a friend like that! I don't know what I would do without mine. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That would be fun Kim! What a special play date that would be! We're actually headed to the zoo tomorrow. The library has free passes you can check out. Cha-ching!
    Let me know when you think you'd be coming this way. There are other fun places to meet up as well. I'm thinking of one where the kids would be ok playing by themselves and the moms could sit on the benches and watch. It's a gigantic climbing structure with slides and tunnels and stuff. It only cost $5 too.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

"How can I help?"

So many have asked how they can help MckMama and her family during this difficult time and so I've set up a Care Calendar to help coordinate meals for the family. MckMama is coordinating childcare on her end, but you can contact me for the rest. Please leave me a comment in this message and I will contact you with more information on the Care Calendar as soon as I am able. Please be sure I can get in touch with you through your blog and/or an email address. Thank you for covering my dear friend and her family with prayers!

Elsa's Birth Story

The morning of July 1st started out like all the other mornings this summer. The kids let me sleep until 7:30 and then came in to wake me up. We ate breakfast and I started picking up around the house. We had spent the previous day at the town pool and because the heat index was going to be just as high again we made plans to go to our beach. The kids really wanted to practice their swimming skills but I didn't want to have to pay for the pool again. At 8:30 I lost my mucus plug and my brain started running a mile a minute. Could this mean we're getting close? Could I actually go early for a change?I turned to Google and learned that labor could be hours or days away. I feel I should warn you - if you decide to Google mucus plug be prepared to see photographic proof. Why people felt the need to post pictures to Google images is beyond me!  Moving on..... Just in case I ended up being one of the lucky ones who only had hours to wait until labor started I kept up with my clean

Shabby Apple Giveaway!

Spring is in the air and that means it's time to start thinking about changing over our closets from Winter to Spring. I don't know about you, but that also means it's time to look for a few new pieces to bring new life to what I wear year after year. Today I can make that job a little more fun for you because Shabby Apple is sponsoring a giveaway on my blog! Yeah!!!! I had so much fun looking through their collection of women's dresses and don't even get me started on their adorable line of little girl's dresses ! It's a whole new ballgame for me now that I'm going to have TWO girls to dress. In the end I decided to pick this beauty called Azure Coast to giveaway to one lucky reader because us mom's are always buying things for our kids before ourselves. I just might have to pick up one for myself in time to wear for BabyBear's baptism this summer. It's perfect for nursing moms! Want to win one for yourself? See below , but if you d