https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-WQbKcerCTwQ/WZSmGrkAeII/AAAAAAAAfQQ/1gxy6fbjWYMc2dS-4DMET0WGHH_LbrgYQCLcBGAs/s1600/1raising-cubs-final-header.jpg

Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Burning Up

Me: Do you think I should call the doctor?
Brian: Yeah
Me: (on the phone with pediatrician) Sam has a temp of 104.3
Doc: under the arm or orally?
Me: Rectally
Doc: Oh..... (that "oh", where they realize that this is a valid call to be making at 11pm)

She proceeds to tell me what to do: sponge bath, Motrin, recheck in 45 minutes....
He's laying in his crib trying to fall asleep now. It seems harsh to wake him to recheck. I think I'll use the underarm thermometer this time.

If it doesn't go down at least 2 degrees in the next 45 minutes she suggests we take him in to the ER. Otherwise we can wait it out for another 2-3 days and then take him in if he doesn't improve. That sounds about right. It's always a Friday evening when my kids get sick and require a doctor. I wonder why that is.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my!! Wast that all happening last night!? How is he today? Oh, brother.

    ReplyDelete

How to organize Nerf guns

If you are the mom of boys you know that they will inevitably turn something into a gun. I was dead set against toy guns in our home until I...